Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dairy-Free Pizza Lunchables ~ Freezer Lunch


We are participating in Money Saving Mom's Freezer Lunchbox Series.  She recently did Freezer Pizza Lunchables.  I admit, part of me wasn't too enthusiastic about trying this.  My boys have never had Lunchables, they don't know what they are missing.  And ARE they missing anything?  Cold pizza?  And if I WAS going to make these, it was going to be legit.  Cold pizzas.  If I have to heat them in the oven, what's the point...right?!  ;)

But then I decided to take a look and see if we even had the ingredients.  We did.  So why not, let's see if these Lunchables are all they are cracked up to be.  Would my boys really like building their own cold pizzas for lunch?!

Well, if the excitement of helping me put together the freezer bags was any indication of how much they will like EATING these, then there might be hope!  Look at that happy face!


And these happy faces!


So how did we do this dairy-free?  


Pizza Sauce 
1 small can tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried garlic


I put the sauce into little individual containers.  
Side Note:  Where has all my Tupperware gone! 


Then we added to the quart-size freezer bags:
Individual container of pizza sauce
Tofutti soy cheese square
Dairy-free pita (Walmart or Meijer)
Pepperoni (Aldi)

We made 4 for the freezer and 2 for the frig for lunch today.  We will see how it goes!

My boys are begging for lunch early.  ;)

 

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Your boys are so cute! This is so funny..there is just something about lunchables that make kids happy! We use pillsbury cresent rolls or the pizza dough for our pizzas. I usually cook 2 cresent rolls together (makes a square shape) with pizza sauce and sometimes daiya cheese and freeze them.
I send them for lunch on a weekly basis. It saves ALOT of time.

Jamie Kaufmann said...

Thanks, Dawn. Crescent rolls, I forgot about those! We never used them b/c I think they contain egg. Thanks for the reminder!

Theresa said...

I am not a cold pizza girl but I bet this are a hit with kids! I wish Daiya would make slices like Tofutti. Back before soy was out, I used a lot of Tofutti stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...