I have been trying to fine-tune our grocery budget in the past few months. So I have been making a master monthly grocery list. Two things on the master list are whole chickens (one a week) and 99 cent tortillas from Aldi.
So one night when I had leftover chicken, tortillas, and a jar of BBQ sauce...I Googled the three ingredients. A whole lot of BBQ Chicken Tortillas, Pizza, and Quesadilla recipes popped up. Bingo!
Because I happened to have red onion and sour cream on hand too (not for Miles), I went with Rachel Ray's BBQ Chicken Tortilla Pizza recipe.
These were so easy and so good! I am going to try more versions of homemade pizza on tortillas now. They were the perfect thin-crust option. And I'm happy I found a new use for our leftover chicken!
- 4 corn tortillas (I used flour)
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese (I used Daiya dairy-free shredded)
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- Spread tortillas with cream cheese. Toss chicken with BBQ sauce and divide among tortillas. Top with gouda and onion. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.