Friday, October 3, 2014

Dairy-Free & Egg-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins


Original Post:  10-31-10

These are a wonderful allergy-friendly treat that everyone will enjoy!  :)  They are a fall favorite around here.  I have tweaked the recipe a few times to get it a little healthier.  I hope you don't mind.

The last time I made these I did a whole can of pumpkin instead of just one cup, ooooops!  Remember, one can can make TWO batches.  ;)

Again, in this recipe, I tried to lessen and healthify the sweeteners.  So I opted for 1/4 cup maple syrup...I would love to do more but I'm stingy with my maple syrup.  For the other part of the sweetener, I did 1/4 cup sugar or brown sugar would work.  Anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 cup total sweetener will work, depending on the degree of your sweet tooth.  :)  We are happy with the 1/2 cup total sweetener.  Next time I may do 1/4 cup syrup, 1/8 sugar, and 1/8 cup stevia.

DAIRY-FREE & EGG-FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS

Makes 12 Muffins

Oven 350 degrees.

3/4 cup white four
3/4 cup wheat flour
1/4 - 1/2 cup sugar and/or stevia
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix
1/2 tsp sea salt

1/2 cup Silk almond milk original 
1/4 cup liquid coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup pumpkin puree (I have used sweet potato puree)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 - 1 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips 


Combine together the flour, sugar/stevia, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.

In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, milk, vegetable oil, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract until smooth.

Add the dry ingredients to the large bowl with the wet ingredients. Mix together until combined.

Fold in the chocolate chips.

Sprinkle tops with raw sugar before baking.

Spoon the batter into the muffin pan and bake for about 20 minutes, or until they spring back to the touch.


I am linking to:





7 comments:

Angela (HsvScrapGirl) said...

That looks good!

Amy T. said...

Hi Jamie! I tried your chocolate cupcake recipe last weekend as a practice run for Luke's upcoming birthday party. We'll probably do the white for the party. I was a bit skeptical about the vinegar and baking soda at first, but it worked! Thanks for a great blog!

Jamie Kaufmann said...

Hi Amy! I am glad to hear you liked it! The cake recipe was one of my very first posts here. Then later I realized I had posted the wrong amount of cocoa. Then recently Jeff figured out to add more flour on the non-cocoa flavors. And it never had a picture on the post. Just the other day I looked at my stats and that poor pathetic post is looked at daily! So as you can see, it's now all doctored up...with a cute pic. Happy Birthday to Luke and I know it will be a hit. :)

Kerri said...

Oh WOW!!! These are AMAZING!! So moist, flavorful, and just plain delicious!!!

Our little guy (2.5) is allergic to milk, too! I, too, Google'd dairy-free cake & found that recipe! Can't wait to try it for our oldest's (almost 5) b'day party in a couple weeks! Thanks for such an AWESOME blog!! Keep it up! I'm printing recipes like crazy right now! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jamie Kaufmann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaylea said...

Has anyone tried these gluten free as well??? I am excited to try them but not sure exactly what to sub for the white and wheat flour... My son is gluten, dairy, egg, peanut and bean free... hard to find yummy recipes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...